On 9 June 2020, the inaugural sitting of the new Board of the Polish History Museum for 2020–2024 took place, during which the body elected Professor Wojciech Roszkowski as its chair, his third term in the post.
Vice-chairmanship of the Board has been entrusted to Professor Jolanta Choińska-Mika. Introductory remarks were made by Deputy Minister of Culture and National Heritage Jarosław Sellin, who recalled 14 years of the PHM’s activity.
The 2000–2024 Board in its current composition was established by an ordinance of 13 February 2020 of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage Prof. Piotr Gliński.
The tasks of the Board are specified in Article 11 of the Museums Act. The body oversees the Museum’s performance of its duties towards its collections and society as well as evaluates the Museum’s activity on the basis of the annual report and opines the annual activity plan, both submitted by PHM Director.
The Minister has appointed the following members of the Museum’s Board at the Polish History Museum in Warsaw for the term 2020–2024:
1) Prof. Richard Butterwick–Pawlikowski;
2) dr hab. Jolanta Maria Choińska–Mika;
3) Prof. dr hab. Andrzej Chwalba;
4) Prof. dr hab. Wojciech Fałkowski;
5) Paulina Florjanowicz;
6) dr hab. Dorota Folga–Januszewska;
7) dr Adolf Juzwenko;
8) dr hab. Zdzisław Krasnodębski;
9) Prof. dr hab. Krzysztof Jan Mikulski;
10) Prof. Alvydas Nikžentaitis;
11) Prof. dr hab. Andrzej Nowak;
12) Prof. dr hab. Wojciech Stefan Roszkowski;
13) Bronisław Wildstein;
14) Małgorzata Zakrzewska.
Photography: PHM/Elżbieta Lichocka