The Site automatically collects only the information contained in cookies.
Cookies are computer data, particularly text files, which are stored on the User’s end device and are meant to be used when visiting the Site. Cookies usually specify the name of the website of origin, the time for which they are stored on the end device, and their unique number.
The subject storing and accessing cookies on the User’s end device is the Site’s operator: the Polish History Museum, Mokotowska Street 33/35, 00-560 Warsaw.
Cookies are used to:
• adjust the Site’s subpages’ content to the User’s preferences and optimize using the subpages; first and foremost, these files facilitate recognition of the User’s end device and display the website in a way adjusted to his individual needs;
• prepare statistics, which help understand in what way the Users use the subpages, which facilitates improving the subpages’ structure and content;
• maintaining the User’s session (after logging in, which means that the User does not have to retype his login and password on every subpage);
• measuring the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns to provide the User with adverts matching his interests and optimize the number of times a given advertisement is displayed.
The Site uses two basic types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files which are stored on the User’s end device until he logs out, leaves the website, or closes the software (Internet browser). Persistent cookies are stored on the User’s end device for the time specified in the cookies’ parameters or until the User deletes them.
We use the following categories of cookies:
• strictly necessary cookies, required to use the services provided on the Site. These cookies include, for example, authentication cookies used for services requiring authorization;
• safety cookies, for instance, used to detect authentication abuses on the Site;
• performance cookies, used to collect information about the ways in which the Site’s subpages are used;
• functionality cookies, which remember the user preferences and facilitate interface personalization, for instance, the choice of the language or the region the User comes from, font size, layout, etc.
• advertising cookies, which make it possible to provide Users with advertising content better adjusted to their interests.
Many Internet browsers by default allow storing cookies on the User’s end device. Users of our Site can change their browser’s cookies preferences at any time, particularly to block automatic storage of cookies or be notified whenever cookies are saved on their device when using the Site. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways of using cookies is available in the software preferences, that is, Internet browser’s preferences.